We call ourselves Mission Church because we are on a singular passionate mission to tell people about God’s love found in Jesus. Everything we do is centered on the fact that we believe God has sent the church to be on mission and that mission is the purpose of our lives.
What to Expect
Our worship gatherings are intimate and casual. There is no dress codes. When you come the first thing that you will notice is a very laid-back environment, excellent coffee, and everyone loves to be here. We have a vibrant Kids ministry and nursery, and we are purposeful about building genuine uncommon community.
It is all about Jesus. We are a people who are united together because we love Jesus and want to see Jesus in each other. One of our strongest values is to preach, teach, communicate, and talk about the Gospel. We believe that Jesus came to bring Good-News. Not ‘good-advice.’ The Gospel is not about you and what you need to do do. It is about Jesus and what he done did. We are a people who are committed to reminding each other of that truth constantly.
At the heart of everything we do is Missional Communities [MC]. A Missional Community is much more than a weekly bible study or home group. MCs gather together at different times throughout the week to fulfill Jesus’ mission of being disciples who make disciples. Together we learn how to worship and submit to Jesus in all of life by learning how to love one another as family, worship Jesus as servants who serve others, and share the good news of Jesus Christ as his sent missionaries.
By nature, being on a mission means being sent. We believe that we have been sent to our own neighborhoods, schools, workplaces, and families to be missionaries. It is our desire to purposefully enter into our culture with the Good News that Christ died for sinners. [1 PETER 3:18] Mission is the purpose of our lives. Mission is life!
8676 Orf Rd, Lake St Louis, MO 63367
We currently meet once a month for a special ice-cream preview service on July 24, Aug 28, Sept 25 – 5pm at 8676 Orf Rd Lake St. Louis. The rest of the week we meet in various homes or out in the community for worship, bbq’s, or outreach events.
Michael Satterfield and his wife Kelly answered the call to plant churches in 2011. With a little help from some friends, the support of the EFCA and First eFree, MISSION CHURCH launched in September 2012 (as missiodei). Mike went to Dallas Theological Seminary [TH.M., 2005] and served as a youth pastor for 18+ years and an associate pastor for 7 years. Kelly and Mike have 4 children. Josiah, Jonathan, Hadessah, and Jameson.
Dan Estes and his wife Carrie have been with Mission Church since April of 2012. Dan and Carrie love being a part of church plants and have thoroughly enjoyed working with Mission Church. Dan went to Missouri Baptist University and graduated with a B.A. in Worship Arts. Dan has served as a Worship Pastor for the past 8 years. Carrie and Dan, along with their son Steven, love building community with people and sharing the love that Christ has with everyone they can.
1. We believe in one God, Creator of all things, holy, infinitely perfect, and eternally existing in a loving unity of three equally divine Persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Having limitless knowledge and sovereign power, God has graciously purposed from eternity to redeem a people for Himself and to make all things new for His own glory.
2. We believe that God has spoken in the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, through the words of human authors. As the verbally inspired Word of God, the Bible is without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for salvation, and the ultimate authority by which every realm of human knowledge and endeavor should be judged. Therefore, it is to be believed in all that it teaches, obeyed in all that it requires, and trusted in all that it promises.
The Human Condition
3. We believe that God created Adam and Eve in His image, but they sinned when tempted by Satan. In union with Adam, human beings are sinners by nature and by choice, alienated from God, and under His wrath. Only through God’s saving work in Jesus Christ can we be rescued, reconciled and renewed.
4. We believe that Jesus Christ is God incarnate, fully God and fully man, one Person in two natures. Jesus-Israel’s promised Messiah-was conceived through the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He lived a sinless life, was crucified under Pontius Pilate, arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of God the Father as our High Priest and Advocate.
The Work of Christ
5. We believe that Jesus Christ, as our representative and substitute, shed His blood on the cross as the perfect, all-sufficient sacrifice for our sins. His atoning death and victorious resurrection constitute the only ground for salvation.
The Holy Spirit
6. We believe that the Holy Spirit, in all that He does, glorifies the Lord Jesus Christ. He convicts the world of its guilt. He regenerates sinners, and in Him they are baptized into union with Christ and adopted as heirs in the family of God. He also indwells, illuminates, guides, equips and empowers believers for Christ-like living and service.
7. We believe that the true church comprises all who have been justified by God’s grace through faith alone in Christ alone. They are united by the Holy Spirit in the body of Christ, of which He is the Head. The true church is manifest in local churches, whose membership should be composed only of believers. The Lord Jesus mandated two ordinances, baptism and the Lord’s Supper, which visibly and tangibly express the gospel. Though they are not the means of salvation, when celebrated by the church in genuine faith, these ordinances confirm and nourish the believer.
8. We believe that God’s justifying grace must not be separated from His sanctifying power and purpose. God commands us to love Him supremely and others sacrificially, and to live out our faith with care for one another, compassion toward the poor and justice for the oppressed. With God’s Word, the Spirit’s power, and fervent prayer in Christ’s name, we are to combat the spiritual forces of evil. In obedience to Christ’s commission, we are to make disciples among all people, always bearing witness to the gospel in word and deed.
9. We believe in the personal, bodily and premillennial return of our Lord Jesus Christ. The coming of Christ, at a time known only to God, demands constant expectancy and, as our blessed hope, motivates the believer to godly living, sacrificial service and energetic mission.
Response and Eternal Destiny
10. We believe that God commands everyone everywhere to believe the gospel by turning to Him in repentance and receiving the Lord Jesus Christ. We believe that God will raise the dead bodily and judge the world, assigning the unbeliever to condemnation and eternal conscious punishment and the believer to eternal blessedness and joy with the Lord in the new heaven and the new earth, to the praise of His glorious grace. Amen.